It’s been two weeks since The Customer Is Always… was released. The past two weeks have been the busiest I can remember for sometime (possibly ever). Here is a progress report of this very busy, yet productive time.
1. So far, the novella has thirty-two 5* reviews across Amazon and Goodreads. Added to this, I’ve had several readers approach me through email, Facebook and Twitter to thank me for writing the book. This sort of personal feedback is excellent and very humbling. I always swore that if I could entertain one person with a book it would be a success. It seems I’m doing that. The reviews speak for themselves.
2. It charted at #11 on the Amazon Bestseller list for Horror/Suspense in its first week. In the second week, it dropped out and came back into the Top 20 in the same list and also touched on the Top 100 for Crime/Thriller. It may not read as amazing to some people but for me it shows my book is selling. Thank you to everyone for buying the novella and the support.
3. I have met some amazing authors through Goodreads and Facebook. In doing this, I have shared my work with them (and they returned the favour) and become part of several very friendly and productive author groups. Goodreads in particular has opened several opportunities for me. When All or Nothing is finished with the editor, I can make the most of those opportunities.
4. All or Nothing, my debut feature length novel is currently being edited. This week, I got in touch with a very exclusive cover artist who is currently producing the cover for All or Nothing. No name drops (some of you know who he is) but he’s produced art for Richard Laymon, Stephen King and a few other horror writers. I’ve been a huge fan of his work for years and it’s a bucket list moment to be negotiating this with him.
5. Finally, I’ve taken part in several interviews and competitions since the novella was released. Competition results are pending but needless to say, I’m very much enjoying being a published author. My days are eighteen hours long at the moment with my day job and several hours of writing/researching/reading rolled in too. Exhausted? A little, but I’m enjoying every second of it.
That’s pretty much it in a nutshell. I’d like to thank everyone for the support and praise, feedback and otherwise. Of course, you can follow all of my updates on Twitter/Facebook and Goodreads. Feel free to get in touch.
The Customer Is Always… is currently being promoted at $0.99 on Amazon.com and £0.79 on Amazon.co.uk. Follow the link on the novella page through this site to get your copy now!